Kenyans looking to serve as support staff in the upcoming general elections have an opportunity to sign-up between now and Tuesday, June 28.
The Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) announced on March 4 it’s offering local and international accreditation for election observers, voter education providers, and media.
According to an IEBC flyer, the accredited individuals will:
“Observe, carry out voter education, monitor, and report on electoral activities before, during, and after the August 9 General elections.”
Submit applications through https://ams.iebc.or.ke by Tuesday, June 28, 2022, @ 5.00 pm
The Accreditation Management System (AMS) has the below categories,
Head of Observer Mission will be required to;
- Download and sign the statement of commitment and a full list of members
- Download and ensure each observer in the mission/ group signs the pledge by election observers.
- Submit to the Commission all signed documents during the collection of badges.
- Ensure you have a VALID Media Council of Kenya (MCK) Number
- You need to have a passport-size photograph in soft copy (.png/.jpg/.jep formats)
- You need to have a letter from your media employer (.pdf formats)
- For freelance journalists, provide a letter from a media house or outlet where the information is consumed or sold
Voter Education Providers will be expected to;
- Upload organization registration Certificate
- Upload KRA Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Choose your area of operation.
BELOW SEE THE IEBC TWEET
The @IEBCKenya is accrediting election observers, voter education providers & media to observe, carry out voter education, monitor & report on electoral activities before, during & after #GE2022 Submit applications through https://t.co/ujI9KiLjvZ by Tuesday June 28, 2022 @ 5.00pm pic.twitter.com/H0hORDKChS
— IEBC (@IEBCKenya) March 4, 2022